A devastating earthquake measuring 7.8 on the Richter scale struck Wenchuan County of Sichuan Province in southwest China at 2:28 p.m. (local time) Monday 12th May 2008. The death toll has exceeded 12,000 by 4:00 p.m. (local time) this afternoon, [...]
The recent inaugural issue of the Journal of International and Intercultural Communication (JIIC) features five different research studies that focus on a wide array of communication issues, including the exploration of cultural differences in deception. According to the report on Yahoo News, "the study revealed that a persons motivation to deceive is influenced by his or her cultural self-identity as well as finding that ones cultural identity greatly influences whether or not a message was perceived to be deceptive."
More on Comparing Education in the USA, China and India
We talked about Two Million Minutes in a previous post, and here is more - an interview by CNBC to comparatively look at…
- Motivation to deceive influenced by cultural self-identity
- Mid-Autumn Festival
- Bridging The Culture Gaps
Britain issues strict new rules for foreign students
It is reported via Xinhua that Britain has issued strict new rules for foreign students. Here is the whole article for y…
- Two Million Minutes - Comparing Education in the U.S., China & India
- More than 80% Chinese university students want to study abroad
- Chinese Language Proficiency Scales for Speakers of Other Languages
- World AIDS Day - 1st December
- More Chinese students choose EU over U.S.